Artists are invited to submit proposals to design and deliver a permanent art installation in a woodland setting to accompany the delivery of Corby Mardi Gras 2018.
The installation will be a legacy of the event and, as such, the festival producers are keen to hear from artists who want to work with them to create something special and highly visible in the woods. This will be based around the theme of “enchanted forest”, and must be appropriate for a family audience.
The installation will be placed in Thoroughsale and Hazel Woods and should be visible from the main footpath. The installation must not require ongoing maintenance costs and be of robust design to ensure its protection from external concerns. The materials used should be durable and weatherproof and suitable for outside use in a public space. It is important to place an understanding and appreciation of the local area when using materials and to utilise locally sourced materials where possible. Please note that trees on site may be available for carving, if the proposal is successful the location of the tree and its use can be negotiated with the council’s woodland manager.
The fee is £5000 (+VAT where applicable) to include design costs, artist fees, travel, accommodation, fabrication and installation.
- Proposal Deadline: 22 January 2018
- Decision: by 24 January 2018
- Site Visit: 30 January 2018
- Final Confirmed: 12 February 2018
- Delivery of installation: prior to 23 March 2018
- Experience of delivering art installations preferably in a woodland context
- A proven track record of producing high-quality artwork for the public realm
- Commitment to good environmental practice in minimising impact and pollution.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines to deliver solutions within a fast-moving design programme.
- Excellence in artistic vision and critical rigour
HOW TO APPLY
- A short proposal detailing initial ideas on how you would deliver this project including, design, proposed materials, timetable for delivery, installation method and budget outline
- A brief CV of comparable work undertaken in light of the proposed specification, including full addresses for the locations of previous work
- Public Liability insurance details
- References for similar work undertaken
Closes 22nd January 2018
For more information contact Simon Brown email@example.com