ArtReach is a charity and arts organisation that works across the country to deliver high quality arts and heritage projects that are focused on making culture accessible. The organisation has a main base in Leicester, where it delivers a range of local activity that includes an annual refugee arts Festival.
In 2018 ArtReach started working with the Churches Conservation Trust, to deliver community activity at the former All Saints Church in the city. Located in Highcross Street, All Saints Church is a Grade I listed medieval building, which has mostly been out of use since it stopped operating as a church in 1983.
In order to effectively develop this exciting programme, we are looking for a research team comprising of local volunteers. Supported with heritage expertise, the team will create a booklet “All Saints Church and medieval Leicester”, which will be handed out freely to visitors in the church, and pop-up interpretation panels for the building.
Sounds interesting? You can commit to tasks and hours according to your schedule and importantly develop useful skills by working with a heritage specialist to:
- Research the stories and detailed history of All Saints Church and its surrounding area.
- Support the creation of a booklet publication and the development of pop-up interpretation panels.
- Developing the interpretation and writing the booklet.
- Uncovering and curating a selection of iconic images.
- Help to show how All Saints Church sat within the heart of medieval Leicester and related to its surroundings and to life in the medieval city.
You will also have the chance to enjoy other benefits including:
- The chance to meet new people and share their passion.
- Regular support from the project team to develop their skills.
- A chance to be part of an exciting and interesting project.
- Regular opportunities to spend time in the Grade I listed All Saints Church.
- CV and skills enhancement with references.
- Opportunities to receive research specific training.
- Expenses as a contribution towards travel, parking costs etc.
Volunteers will be given some basic training on research methods and meet regularly between now and the end of March. Please note that volunteers must be aged 18 and over.
Confirmed dates for meetings are 27 November and 4 December, with more yet to be confirmed. Applications received before these dates will be invited to these preliminary meetings.
However, if you would like to be considered for this varied and interesting role, please complete our online form here by Saturday 21 December.
Once we’ve received your application, the team will be in touch to arrange an informal chat via telephone.
If you have any further questions, please contact Beth Piggott at email@example.com.