Journeys Community Film Programmer (Paid Development Opportunity)
September 2019 – March 2020
ArtReach is a dynamic cultural development agency that helps support and drive high-quality arts and heritage initiatives. ArtReach produces Journeys Festival International which explores refugee experiences through great art.
We are seeking a Community Film Programmer to join our team on a development contract, to work on our new community film programme, running from September 2019 – March 2020 in Manchester.
This pilot project aims to address under-representation of people from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee backgrounds working in the arts and film industries. We encourage and welcome applications from people who have lived experience of forced migration or the asylum process who are now settled and have the right to work in the UK to join our team to develop and deliver this exciting project.
The role will be offered as a development opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience of working in an arts organisation, developing film programmes and working in community settings. ArtReach will provide support for the role through a close working and mentoring relationship with the Producer and Assistant Producer based in Manchester. Through the project, we will look at opportunities for the legacy of the role and connections
with other organisations in the industry.
Is it for me?
We are looking for applicants who:
- Are passionate about film and the arts.
- Have some experience (however small) of initiating or managing film, arts or other cultural activity.
- Aspire to become a leader in the film, art or cultural sector.
- Have personal experience of, or a strong understanding of the issues facing people who have experienced, forced migration and seeking asylum in the UK.
- Live in the Manchester area.
Why should I apply?
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain work experience in the arts/film/cultural sector.
- Develop production and project management skills through working with an ArtReach mentor.
- Develop connections with a range of Manchester’s community groups and cultural organisations.
- Contribute to an exciting programme of film that will engage and entertain audiences across Manchester.
- Be paid at £9 per hour for 30 days spread over the period from September 2019 to March 2020.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 6 September and interviews will be held in Manchester on Friday 13 September.
If you have any queries once you’ve read this info please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to talk to someone about this opportunity please email the same address to organise a time for a phone call.