With the situation surrounding COVID-19 rapidly developing ArtReach are following current UK government guidance and also putting in place measures to minimise risk to staff, and our participants, artists, and audiences while continuing to operate. This will be reviewed and updated along with changes to guidance and circumstances, however key measures are:
To this end, we have taken the following precautionary measures with immediate effect.
- The ArtReach staff will not be in the office until further notice, but will be working remotely. They will be contactable during normal office hours via email. If you do not have a contact, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we can.
- ArtReach has taken the decision to postpone all public facing activities including workshops, community meetings and events until the end of May 2020. We are continuing to work with artists and partners to develop our festival and events programme beyond that (including Refugee Week, Journeys Festival International in Leicester, Manchester and Portsmouth, Liberty UK, and LIBERTY EU activity). We are also exploring alternative ways that we can share our work should that become necessary.
- Where possible external meetings will be held through telephone or video conference calls.
- These measures will be in place until further notice we will regularly review the next steps in light of the national situation and ongoing UK Government advice.
- ArtReach will provide updates on plans through websites and social media.
Current plans impacted by C-19
- ROOTs Group Meeting: Monday 23rd March, 1pm – 2pm – POSTPONED until further notice
- United for Laughs Taster Workshop: Thursday 2nd April and each Thursday from 30th April, 1pm – 3pm, Attenborough Arts Centre – POSTPONED – keep an eye on our website and social media for announcements
- Global Kitchen: – POSTPONED – The first public session is planned for Saturday 20th June 2020, however given the current global situation surrounding Coronavirus (Covid-19) we will keep you updated, and hope to be able to find ways to develop this programme to still bring people together in these challenging times.
- ROOTS Group Activity: All ROOTS Group activity in Portsmouth is being postponed until further notice.
- Journeys To Portsmouth Textile Workshops: POSTPONED – All Journeys To Portsmouth sessions (delivered with British Red Cross and Stop Domestic Abuse’s Women’s Group) are postponed until further notice.
- ROOTS Group Activity: All ROOTS Group activity in Manchester is being postponed until further notice.
- Journeys Into Film: Desert Dancer (Film Screening) – POSTPONED – 20 March, 7:30pm, Nexus Art Café, 2 Dale St, M1 1JW
Capernaum (Film Screening) – POSTPONED – 28 March 6:30pm, Stretford Public Hall, Chester Road, M32 0LD