ArtReach have two opportunities available for a training partner(s) to deliver digital CPD for the team. Across the ArtReach family of festivals and activities we aim to increase our skill set and depth of team experience for digital content presentation and production. The aim is that all of the training will be relevant for our team’s with particular reference to content for Journeys Festival International, Liberty UK Festival, Liberty EU and AAA programmes.
Tender 1: Content Capture and production skills. (Mobile camera skills, Gimbal operation, interview set-ups, understanding sound and light quality, basic Adobe editing skills, training in OBS and two streaming platforms and accessibility in online presentation) (£1500-£2500 exclusive of VAT)
Tender 2: Presentation and hosting skills (presentation to screen, webinar hosts, hosting Q&A’s, good presenter techniques, media training for when staff are interviewees) (up to £700 exclusive of VAT).
Context to these opportunities:
The pandemic’s impact on the arts sector has been substantial and profound. ArtReach – like many organisations – are taking the opportunity to review its strategy, approach and resources to engage audiences in new and innovative ways. Thanks to a successful application to the Arts Council England Cultural Recovery Fund we now have the resource to commission a bespoke training programme to increase digital skills and capabilities for the team.
ArtReach is looking to commission one or two organisations to offer a rounded digital training package, predominantly, on content capture and production skills alongside presentation and hosting skills.
The organisation(s) will support ArtReach to gain the skills needed to deliver more digital arts events for 2021 and beyond.
ArtReach welcomes proposals from an agency or an individual to deliver this work and responses can cover one or both tender opportunities. You will have experience of delivering digital production and presentation training for arts/cultural organisations, have extensive knowledge and experience of working in the cultural sector and with working in or with small teams to best utilise limited capacity and budgets.
What we need:
ArtReach wants to work with a training provider(s) to deliver a practical training programme to improve the production and presentation skills of our small team. We aim to gain knowledge and a firm understanding of contemporary digital work and how best to produce and present cultural content for an online audience, which is accessible and engaging. Ultimately, we want our approaches to increase the quality of engagement and consist of new initiatives that engage audiences with our work.
The provider(s), with the support of the ArtReach Senior Management Team and the wider team, will produce a manageable training schedule (which can include both online and in person training sessions) with a clear route map and a series of learning opportunities to be provided in order to develop the organisation’s digital presence, its staff knowledge base, programme content development and delivery.
The two tender opportunities available have distinct activities and requirements to help ArtReach take action and achieve most impact from this work. Below, the key activities we would expect from this work have been itemised. The proposals should feature a balance of online and practical, workshop based training opportunities.
Tender 1: Content Capture and production skills.
- Practical training for (mobile) camera techniques and content capture.
- In depth understanding of sound quality and working with microphones for interview and broadcasts.
- Production training for best quality indoor and outdoor interview capture.
- Light touch training in OBS software and in depth practical training for use of two key streaming platforms.
- Introduction training to Adobe cloud software for video and audio editing.
- Guidance and best practise tips for recording and producing digitally and physically accessible content.
Tender 2: Presentation and hosting skills
- Media training for staff as recipients of interviews with particular reference to Radio interviews, Q&A panel appearances, press interviews, etc.
- Training for staff as interviewers, good interview techniques, getting more from your questions, how to fill a void and move challenging content forwards, how to deal with difficult audience or panel members.
- Presenting to screen techniques, good practice for on camera hosting, Q&A’s, webinar hosting, clarity of delivery and confidence of delivery.
We wish to appoint the person(s) or organisation(s) to commence delivery of this work on 16 June 2021. This work should be fully scheduled by 30 June 2021.
The project will be delivered in coordination with the ArtReach Marketing and Communications Manager, Gary Cicinskas and General Manager, Lynn Simmonds.
We anticipate spending in the region of £1,500 – £2,500 +VAT on the Content Capture and Production Skills Training and £350 – £700 + VAT on the Presentation and Hosting Skills Training.
Organisations and individuals are welcome to apply to deliver both sets of training and for a combined training approach we anticipate spending in the region of £1,500 – £3,000.
Expenses for the production of digital training materials, travel and subsistence to Leicester (where any in person delivery should ideally take place) should be included in the costs from the applicant. ArtReach will cover the cost of room hire (in Leicester), refreshments, the printing of materials, postage, etc.
How to apply:
To apply, please prepare a response that includes:
- confirmation of which brief(s) you are responding to
- A CV or Portfolio showing your previous relevant experience, qualifications, skills and two references.
- A 2-4 page document highlighting why your experience means you are suitable for carrying out this work and how you would carry out this work (indicating key contact points, an indicative timeline and methodology)
- In addition, you may also testimonials from previous projects if you feel they will be relevant to your application.
Responses should be emailed to Gary@ArtReach.biz by 1:00pm Thursday 10 June.
If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to attend an online interview where you can expand upon your proposal and give a presentation to ArtReach.
Interviews: 14 June
If you have any queries once you’ve read this information please email the Marketing and Communications Manager, Gary Cicinskas, at Gary@artreach.biz. Phone calls only if essential please.